3 Questions to Ask Yourself when Planning a Pigeon Forge Vacation
Are you ready to go on a Pigeon Forge vacation? The chance to get away to relax and have some fun always seems like a great idea! But before going anywhere the Willow Brook Lodge has questions you can ask yourself to be better prepared for your trip!
1. How many people would be coming along?
Do you want this trip to be for just you and your special someone, or are the kids out of school and it’s family vacation time? So first things first deciding the type of vacation you’re wanting and who that entitles to coming along with you. If you plan on having more people come along with you it’s also a good idea to see if your hotel offers any specials for groups.
2. What should you pack?
The first thing to ask yourself when packing for a Pigeon Forge vacation is, “what will the weather be like?” The weather can vary throughout the year, and that can determine how you pack for it. If it’s summer you will want a swimsuit so you can enjoy the outside pool at your hotel! If it’s winter you’ll need a warm, weather resistant jacket. Another thing to consider is how much are you allowed to pack? If you are traveling by plane there can be weight and height limits to luggage. If you are sharing a car full of people that can also limit the space your stuff can take up.
3. What do you want to spend your time doing?
There’s an abundance of things to do in Pigeon Forge! There’s definitely something for everyone whether it be hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, dining at a dinner show, or riding roller coasters it’s here. Decide what everyone in your group wants to do the most, and what you have the time for. Also, many attractions have group discount rates, and have either free admittance or a reduced ticket price for being under or over a certain age.
Some favorite attractions in the area include:
- Dollywood: Dolly Parton has an entire adventure park named in her honor! You’ll get to ride some award winning roller coasters, see some great shows, and there’s some smaller rides for the littles one too!
- The Old Mill Restaurant: You can visit an authentic grist mill in Pigeon Forge. At the Old Mill you will find some delicious Southern cooking and some unique places to find a neat souvenir or gift.
- The Country Tonite Theater: Enjoy the music you love from old and new country music classics performed by some of the most talented singers, dancers, and musicians in the Smokies!
- The Island in Pigeon Forge: Find a little something for everyone at the Island in Pigeon Forge! There’s all kinds of restaurants, attractions, and shopping to experience! It’s the perfect place for the whole family, or for a fun date night!
The question you don’t need to ask? Where to stay? Willow Brook Lodge has what you need! Comfortable rooms, indoor pool and hot tub, complimentary breakfast, and so many more amenities that we know you’ll love! Check out our rooms to find the best fit your next Pigeon Forge vacation!